Unfortunately, the aging process is inevitable. You can’t just reverse the clock and look years younger. However, Shift Cosmetic Clinics can help you gain a more youthful appearance with the right cosmetic treatments.
You may have heard of your favourite celebrities or influencers using dermal fillers or thread lifts for facial rejuvenation, but you may not know which treatment would be best for you. This fillers vs thread lift guide will help you understand the differences between the two treatments and learn the unique benefits they each provide.
Fillers vs Thread Lift Comparison
What do they accomplish?
- Dermal Fillers: Add volume or replace lost volume to specific areas of the face.
- Thread Lifts: Use tiny barbs to tighten and lift the entire face in one treatment.
How long does the treatment last?
- Dermal Fillers: The results last up to 6-24 months.
- Thread Lifts: The results last up to a year.
What is the downtime like?
- Dermal Fillers: Bruising and swelling are the most common side effects, which usually go away within a few days.
- Thread Lifts: It’s recommended patients are cautious with any physical activity in the next 7-10 days.
When are the benefits visible?
- Dermal Fillers: Provide immediate results and instant rejuvenation.
- Thread Lifts: Real results are visible in about one month with maximum improvement in three months.
Is the procedure painful?
- Dermal Fillers: It is extremely subjective to the patient and the area treated. However, most people tolerate it very well and have minimal discomfort.
- Thread Lifts: The whole procedure is performed under local anaesthesia to prevent and ease pain.
What areas of the face can they treat?
- Dermal Fillers: Can be applied to your lips, chin, cheeks, smile lines, hollows under your eyes, and any fine lines on your face.
- Thread Lifts: Target the whole face from the forehead to the neck area.
Before & After Results
- Dermal Fillers: See before and after results for our Dermal Filler treatments.
- Thread Lifts: See before and after results for our Thread Lift treatments.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Non-surgical, safe and efficient treatment
- Minimal discomfort, side effects and recovery time
- Adds volume and fullness to your face or can replace lost volume
- Replenishes and rehydrates your skin
- Smooths away lines and wrinkles
- Visible and lasting results are achieved in only a few treatments
Benefits of Thread Lifts
- Non-surgical facelift – no scalpels, scars or surgery
- Quick recovery with minimal downtime
- High safety profile
- Eliminates wrinkles resulting in smoother, tight, youthful skin
- Natural, immediate results without the stress of a full facial surgery
- Great for mild to moderate skin laxity
Fillers vs Thread Lift Conclusion, Which is Better?
Both treatments are ideal if you are looking for a non-invasive and discreet procedure to lift sagging skin. However, they each have their own unique benefits. If you are looking to address a single area or only a few areas of the face, dermal fillers are a great option. Whilst, thread lifts are advised if you would like to lift your entire face.
Ultimately, we recommend booking a complimentary consultation to ensure you choose the right treatment for your personal requirements and goals.