It is commonly known that eye serums, wrinkle creams and other anti-wrinkle skin care products can help provide a more youthful appearance by diminishing the signs of aging. However, if you really want youthful and radiant skin in your 40s, you should be following these healthy skin care habits.
The following tips are supported by years of research and can help you with the following:
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Provide a brighter and more youthful complexion
- Prevent blotchy complexion
- Retain skin’s youthful firmness for longer
- Reduce the risks of skin cancer
Skin Care Habits & Anti Aging Tips for 40s
1. Protect your skin from the sun: Sun rays can damage your skin and make your skin age quicker. It is important you apply SPF 30 sunscreen on a daily basis. You can also seek shade and cover up to be better protected.
2. Apply moisturiser daily: As we get older our skin becomes drier leading to wrinkles and fine lines. Moisturiser will help your skin smooth. We recommend using a facial moisturiser, body moisturiser and lip balm.
3. Wash your face twice a day: It is important to wash away dirt and grime off your face twice a day with a facial cleanser, not hand or body soap.
4. Get adequate beauty sleep: Give your body enough time to properly renew and refresh itself.
5. Have a healthy diet: Healthy diets promote healthy skin. Make sure your diet consists of the right amount of fruit, vegetables, proteins and other nutrients.
6. Say No to indoor tanning: Tanning beds and sun lamps will harm your skin as they expose you to harmful UV rays which accelerates skin aging.
We hope these anti aging tips for 40s will help you maintain a more youthful appearance for longer. If you want to reverse the clock and look younger through our anti-wrinkle treatments, click here to book a complimentary appointment.